Sunday, April 17, 2011
goodbye and a movie
*sigh* - we have had a litter of foster kittens at our house for 7 weeks - to the day. Their mommy was here for a few weeks before that until she had them. Needless to say, my kids got attached...VERY attached. Today was the day...the big day we took them to the shelter to meet their new owners and go to their new homes. My oldest took it really hard. BUT, I'm proud of him. He did well! He cried...a LOT. He expressed himself like a 6 year old going on 60. He said, with a maturity beyond his years, that it hurt his heart to say goodbye to them and that he would miss them. He cuddled all of them, and we took pictures with all of them. He prayed that they like their new homes and wished them well....and then broke down into a heart-breaking wail that brought me and several of the other volunteers to tears as well. It was as innocent and heart-felt as I've ever seen...and then we went for chocolate chip pancakes and to see the movie Rio. It helped...A LOT! He has cheered up substantially and there haven't been any further tears since then. All I can say is that I'm very impressed with him and sad for him that he misses them so much. I'm proud of him and I TOTALLY enjoyed our day together. The movie was actually very funny...have to give it a high recommendation. It even amused the little one who danced a killer samba in the aisles! I wish I had funnier stories to report today, but, we haven't had much of that. I'm certain that this week will bring more adventures, as my cleaning the house top to bottom project is continuing, as well as the garage project! I'm on a mission to have a place for everything and everything in it's place! This ought to be good! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment